I thought I would do something similar here. It’s so easy to look at all the low points of the year, rather than the high points.
Here are some of the successes I’ve identified:
- Nat being able to walk again and not needing a wheelchair any more
- Discovering Zac has Neurally Mediated Hypotension and treating it, and seeing improvement
- My first publishing contract and publishing Lizzy’s Dragon
- Zac starting a new school and settling in well
- Zac joining youth group at school and making a new friend
- Finding a new team to help Nat with his CRPS, including connecting with the hospital school to help with his transition back to school
- Zac getting his Blue Belt in karate
- Zac getting awards at school
- Starting this blog to share our journey and raise awareness of CRPS and ME/CFS
- Connecting with the Ferocious Fighters groups for support with CRPS
- The amazing support we have received from our church
- The fantastic care Nat received at the new Monash Children’s Hospital
- Spending lots of wonderful time with my nephews
- Nat sharing his journey on his blog, Standing on One Leg
I’m sure we’ll think of more, especially once the boys get home from their dad’s place, but writing them out like this is a start.
In spite of the issues we’ve had this year, there have been many bright spots and successes in 2017. We are all looking forward to 2018.